- Jeb Foods White Garri is one of the varieties of Garri in west Africa, Although you can soak it. This Variety of Garri is best used for eba / fufu.
- Jeb Foods White Garri is Made by the Bini people of Edo State, Nigeria.
- LOW FAT: Foods , Gari is free of gluten, which makes it an excellent choice.
- MANY OTHER VITAMINS AND MINERALS: Gari contains vitamin A, vitamin B
- COPPER AND MAGNESIUM: Gari has a very high amount of copper and magnesium minerals.
Gari is a fine to coarse granular flour of varying texture made from cassava tubers (also called cassava roots) which are cleaned after harvesting, grated, water and starch squeezed out of it, left to ferment and then fried either in palm oil or without palm oil and eaten in a variety of ways.
One such way is to drink it, simply add water to the grains stir and there you have it. People often add sugar, groundnut or milk to it – making it a balanced meal/snack. The other way is to cook it in hot water and made into a dough which is eaten with a wide variety of sauces.
It is also called gari or gali in some parts of sub-Saharan Africa. It is a rich source of carbohydrate which is good for our body as it is an indigenous source of energy.
Gari can be yellow or white depending on what type of oil is used to fry it. Yellow gari contains more nutrients than white gari since it is fried with palm oil which contains vitamins like A and C. Gari is good on its own but it should be eaten with soup to give a balanced diet.